Aqua Water Update 02-19-21 6:00 PM
As we recover from the cold weather and water shortages, here are a couple of things to remember.
- If you do not have water but your neighbors do, you have a customer issue and should notify a plumber. You should also turn off the water at the customer valve in your meter box.
- As we restore water services and the temperatures rise we are beginning to see more and more customer lines with leaks. If you discover a leak on your residential line, please turn off the water at the customer valve in your meter box until the leak is repaired.
- Aqua is still under a boil water condition until you receive notice it is lifted. Bring water to a rolling boil for at least two minutes to use as drinking water during the boil water notice.
- As Aqua fills water lines and tanks it will also be flushing water lines to bleed air out of the system. Flushing also breaks of sediment scaling from the interior of the pipes. This will cause the water to be discolored though it is still safe to use.
- Please continue to conserve water as much as possible. As we refill lines and restore water service, we are beginning to see water usage exceed our ability to provide it. This usage prevents and delays those downstream from having water services restored. Please conserve.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation during this time.