Standard Water Service
- Property located on maps in Aqua office
- Application completed by owner
- Service Agreement completed and signed by owner
- Copy of the recorded Warranty Deed or Contract for Deed is needed, along with a copy of the survey plat with field notes of the property. Additional information may be required.
- $4,470.00 fee will be charged for a standard meter set (5/8” by ¾”) if Aqua’s service line is on the same side of the road as the property location, has adequate capacity, appropriate easements and is compliant with all applicable subdivision ordinances, including Aqua, city and county. If a service line is not on property, capacity availability is questionable, review for easements is required, or has been subdivided, a $150 nonrefundable deposit will be collected for further research. A cost estimate will be provided within 60 days.
- $600 capacity reservation fee applies to any tract or parcel that has been subdivided from a larger tract as evidenced by deed or contract. This charge applies to subdivisions occurring after May 7, 1984.
- $70 Customer Service Inspection fee will be collected to cover the cost of a mandatory inspection in accordance with regulations promulgated by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). A complete inspection is to be performed within 30 days of completion of the customer’s new service line.
Aqua Tariff, Section 6.6 – Water Installation
After the applicant has met all requirements, conditions, and regulations set forth in this Tariff, Aqua
will then (1) install a tap, meter, and cut–off valves within the boundaries of the parcel of land or lot
to be served, and (2) take all necessary actions to initiate service.
Aqua’s Tariff, Section 6.10 – One Dwelling Per Meter Policy
It is a rule of the PUC (16 Texas Administrative Code Section 24.169(a)(4)), and the policy of Aqua
to require one paid meter and tap for each residence and dwelling for human habitation. Upon
detecting the possibility of multiple dwellings on a single meter, Aqua will communicate verbally
and in writing to the suspected party and/or parties violating this policy and require a pre-payment
to set water meters for the additional dwellings. Noncompliance constitutes the basis for a
disconnect from Aqua’s System with any reconnection fees to be paid by the member.
In the event a member is currently paying more than one Monthly Customer Charge and Aqua is
specifically and knowingly permitting service to more than one dwelling from a single meter, Aqua
will continue service to that member. Aqua will continue to accept two or more minimum payments
each month until such time as the property is transferred in whole or in part to new owner(s), at
which time the new owner(s) must fully comply with the One Meter Per Dwelling policy.
Upon subdivision of a property having more than one dwelling connected to a single meter, any
owner of a subdivided portion of the property wishing to continue water service must become a
member of Aqua and obtain a meter dedicated to providing water service to the owner’s portion of
the property. Each owner of a subdivided portion of the property must convey to Aqua any
easements necessary to provide water service to other portions of the property. The new service
connections are subject to all the requirements of Water Service to Subdivisions in this Tariff,
including, without limitation, full payment of tap fees and membership fees. Failure to have meters
installed to serve each tract may result in disconnection of service to any or all subdivided portions
of the property.
A single master meter may service more than one manufactured home provided the member pays
the Monthly Customer Charges in accordance with Rate Schedule section of this Tariff and the
serviced dwellings are located within a manufactured housing park.
Customer Service Contact List
The Aqua Water personnel to contact with questions regarding your application are listed below:
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: 512-303-3943
- Jennifer P., Customer Service Manager, extension 146
- Josephine, extension 126
- Charlotte, extension 124
- Lissete, extension 127
- Elidia, extension 139
- RIGHT-OF-WAY DEPARTMENT: 512-303-3943
- Patricia, Right of Way Manager, extension 153