Ernest William Bracewell, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
May 30, 2019
* All Decisions Made By The Aqua Scholarship Committee Are Final
Scholarship Guidelines and Application Form
In August, 2007, the Board of Directors of Aqua Water Supply Corporation voted unanimously to adopt the Aqua Scholarship Program and in July, 2012, the Board elected to dedicate the Aqua Scholarship Program in memory of Ernest W. Bracewell, Sr. Mr. Bracewell was elected to the Aqua Board in 1988, serving as President until 2009, and continued his service until his resignation in January, 2012.
Scholarships will be awarded annually to Aqua Water Supply Corporation members and their immediate family. The scholarships are in the amount of $3,000 each. Selected applicants will receive scholarship checks in the amount of $1,500 for one fall semester and $1,500 for one spring semester upon proof of enrollment in an accredited course of study, provided a grade point average of 2.5 or higher is maintained.
- The student must be a member in good-standing of Aqua Water Supply Corporation or an immediate family member (ie: reside in the same household) of an Aqua member.
- Student must have a 2.5 grade point average at the time of application.
- The student must be accepted as a full-time student by either a business/trade/college institution.
- An applicant may apply for additional funding in successive years so long as a minimum of 2.5 GPA is maintained.
- Funding will also be considered for Post Graduate work in the pursuit of a Masters or PHD program. Student must provide a graduate degree plan.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America.
The student shall submit the following to Aqua Water Supply Corporation:
- Application Form
- Proof of GPA (Copy of recent high school transcript or recent college transcript)
- Two letters of recommendation: (1) Community member (2) Teacher or additional Community member or employer
- Personal Essay (250 words maximum) which describes applicant’s course of study, plans for meeting educational goals, identify other sources of financial support, and state reasons why applicant is deserving of scholarship
- Personal essay 40%
- GPA 30%
- Letters of recommendation 20%
- Application 10%
All decision made by Aqua Scholarship Committee are final