Transfer of Membership
Membership Transfer Fee – $25.00
In the event the member shall sell his property, Aqua shall charge a membership transfer fee to transfer the membership to the new customer.
The following information is required to complete a transfer of membership:
- $25.00 transfer fee (in lieu of membership fee of $100)
- Current meter reading
- Application completed by new owner
- Copy of closing paper work (Settlement Statement and General Warranty Deed) or copy of Filed Deed for new owner
- Signed stock certificate or transfer letter from previous owner
- Balance on existing account paid in full upon transfer
- If current service has been disconnected, a $60.00 reconnect fee applies
- $70 Customer Service Inspection fee will be collected to cover the cost of a mandatory inspection in accordance with regulations promulgated by the Texas Commission On Environmental Quality. A complete inspection is to be performed within 30 days of completion of the customer’s new service line. This inspection will apply if a structure has been moved on to the property where one did not exist prior to the transfer and is connected to the meter.
Aqua’s Tariff, Section 6.23 – Transfer of Membership
Where Aqua has not disconnected water service, Aqua may transfer a membership to a new owner or purchaser under a contract for deed or any other applicable deed upon the member’s full payment of all amounts owed for water service, return of the membership certificate or completion of a Transfer of Membership form, and payment of the Membership Transfer Fee. When Aqua transfers a membership, the former member does not receive a refund of the Membership Fee. Aqua assigns all rights of membership to the new member.